Alve Components Ltd 4 Priory Road Kenilworth CV8 1LL Warwickshire is the Data Controller.
+48 510 114 687
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Bank details when placing an order
- Full address including postcode
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Behaviour whilst visiting our website, including the pages visited and products purchased
We may also collect the following information in relation to Marketing events
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Job title
This personal data may have been provided by you or your company or a third party that you may have given permission to share your data with.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our website, products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting for onward sales to your customers. This will be carried out using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We record telephone calls for staff training purposes, verifying order information and preventing or detecting criminal activity.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the EEA unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection or the appropriate safeguards are in place for your rights and freedoms. Before such a transfer takes place outside of the EEA, we will provide you with further information concerning this.
How we hold the information
What is the legal basis for processing the information?
We record and maintain information and personal data using the legal basis of legitimate interest.
We’re organisation that offers products and services tailored to benefit our customers/dealers. Our legitimate interest is that we must engage in business to business interactions as a key function of our business.
Our processing is proportionate to your rights, due to the benefit it provides to us and your business.
Our customers/dealers are our route to market and they resell our products and services.
We may also in some cases need to process an individual’s personal data when entering into a service contract/agreement with that individual.
Under GDPR legislation you have the following rights with respect to your personal data. You may:
- request a copy of your personal data
- update your personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- request that your personal data be erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data
- request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transfer that data directly to third party
- request that a restriction be placed on further processing where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data
- object to the processing of personal data
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
You can access the personal data that we hold about you and how we process it by submitting a Subject Access Request (SAR) to Alve Components at email@example.com. This request must be made in writing and clearly specify the information you require.
We reserve the right to refuse or charge a fee for any manifestly unfounded or excessive requests as we determine with sensible justification provided. Please note that an exemption may apply to some of your rights dependent upon our legal basis for processing your data or other reasons specified by the GDPR. We will advise you if we believe you are exempt for any one of these reasons.
Retention of your data
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your browser, which is then stored on your system. Please remember that cookies do not store personal data.
- Operate our shopping cart
- Provide an improved website experience
- Track the performance of marketing activity
- Understand users behaviour on our website
The below is a list of the current cookies that we use:
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies/
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics completely across any and ALL websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic, improve our website and tailor it to customer needs.
We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. By declining cookies it will prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Managing your data preferences
You can update/change your email preferences with Alve Components at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link which can be found at the bottom of all promotional emails.
Your marketing preferences
If you’ve chosen to receive marketing messages from us, we’ll use your data to bring you more of the things you’re interested in.
Your service preferences
If you’ve chosen to receive service messages from us, we’ll use your data to bring you important service messages.
Information Commissioner’s Office
The Information Commissioner is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. If you would like to know more about your rights under the Data Protection law, and what you should expect from us, visit the Information Commissioner’s website. If you have any concerns regarding our privacy practices or about exercising your Data Protection rights, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office –
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545 745